Johnson County, Missouri’s priority in economic development is creating and retaining new jobs. The Enhanced Enterprise Zone (EEZ) is an important component of Johnson County’s incentive program for encouraging job creation, retention, and investment. The purpose of the EEZ is to provide real property tax abatement for qualifying businesses located within the designated zone. The EEZ was created pursuant to Section 135.950 to 135.973, RSMo.
Enhanced Enterprise Zone Overview:
- Designated on July 27, 2016 and is in effect until July 27, 2041
- Spans approximately 175 square miles
- Includes portions of unincorporated Johnson County and the cities of Centerview, Holden, Leeton, and portions of Warrensburg
- Includes available commercial and industrial sites, buildings, and industrial parks. Prime industrial sites are available for development, many with a full range of public services including convenient access to highways, air transportation, and telecommunications
- Provides a minimum of 50% abatement on new real property tax for at least 10 years Follow these steps to see if your business project is eligible for EEZ benefits: